The purpose of the course is to redefine the learning procedure by introducing Innovative Learning Methods, Active learning, adopting new materials and theory and customising them for the benefit of the learners.
Learning can be fun, if it is combined with new ideas and maximum engagement of all stakeholders!
ECVET points: 3.5
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Realise the benefit of implementing Advance Innovative Learning methods in class.
- Develop customised lesson plans based in the taught learning material.
- Design, implement and review participatory design projects.
- Use design thinking, in order to build empathy.
- Plan, do and evaluate outdoor learning activities.
- Build motivational strategies and increase students’ active participation in class.
- Use multimodal learning content and design their own content.
The learning techniques that will be used are:
- Examples and case studies
- Workshops and exercises facilitated by the trainer
- Outdoor activities
- Participatory design
- Design thinking
- Outdoors learning
- Involving students
- Motivational thinking
The learning material consists of presentations and support material, in English language.
- 5 days courses – 400 euro per person
- 6 days courses – 480 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities (optional): 80 euro per person.* The cost includes:
- a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner
- a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and
- common dinner with live music in Athens.
The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
* Due to the COVID-19 situation, currently we are not organising the usual cultural programme. Instead, we propose a guided tour of Athens with a professional guide (visit to Acropolis hill, the Parthenon, Plaka and Monastiraki). Cost: 150€ up to 20 people. The cost is shared between those who attend the tour. Costs for transportation and entrance fees to Acropolis are not included in the above amount.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Welcome – registrations
- Presentation of participants
- Expectations from the training course
- Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
- Introduction to Participatory Design: A learning and school-community development process
- Setting the Key Areas for the implementation of Participatory Design
- Activity: (re)designing public space in schools: The case of a library
- Introduction to Design Thinking. The 5 steps for making it happen: Empathize – Define – Ideate – Prototype – Test
- Explaining the 5 steps and presenting examples: the Case of visiting/logging in the Schools (e-) library – how often do the students visit?
- Activity: Interviews’ groups with end users in order to define the WHYs, to improve the experience, to promote new ideas
- Introduction to Multimodality. The impact of it in learners.
- Examples of applied Multimodality and the connection with interdisciplinary lessons
- Activity: Comprising more than one mode (text, image, video, dialogue) for the development of a specific task
- Reflection – evaluation of the training course
- Certificates – Europass Mobility
- Closure and farewell