The purpose of the course is to redefine the learning procedure by introducing Innovative Learning Methods, Active learning, adopting new materials and theory and customising them for the benefit of the learners.
Learning can be fun, if it is combined with new ideas and maximum engagement of all stakeholders!
ECVET points: 3.5
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Realise the benefit of implementing Advance Innovative Learning methods in class.
- Develop customised lesson plans based in the taught learning material.
- Design, implement and review participatory design projects.
- Use design thinking, in order to build empathy.
- Plan, do and evaluate outdoor learning activities.
- Build motivational strategies and increase students’ active participation in class.
- Use multimodal learning content and design their own content.
The learning techniques that will be used are:
- Examples and case studies
- Workshops and exercises facilitated by the trainer
- Outdoor activities
- Participatory design
- Design thinking
- Outdoors learning
- Involving students
- Motivational thinking
The learning material consists of presentations and support material, in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euros for the 5 days course and 420 euro for the 6 days course per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (in Piraeus)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
Cultural activities: 220 euro per person (in Chania)
The cost includes:
- buffet lunch in “Mediterranean” restaurant during the training days (Monday – Saturday). Buffet lunch includes: home made bread, house wine and local beverages, variety of salads, cold and hot plates, and desserts. All dishes are prepared in the kitchen of the Conference Centre, with organic olive oil and local and biological cultivated products and they respect the local gastronomy.
- transfer to Chania old town, a walking tour and welcome dinner. The group will be transferred in the old town in buses, they will stroll around the old port of Chania and they will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
- an excursion in the famous beach of Falassarna and a visit to Kissamos village, in the west Crete. The cost includes the bus transfer, it does not include dinner and other expenses. You are expected to bring your swimming suits, towels and good mood.
- transfer to Chania and common farewell dinner. The group will be transferred in the district of Halepa and they will visit places of historical and touristic interest. They will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
Entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. Other costs not explicitly mentioned above are not included.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
|Chania||4-9/7/2022||Summer school 2022 – 6 days||420€|
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: [email protected]
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Welcome – registrations
- Presentation of participants
- Expectations from the training course
- Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
- Introduction to Participatory Design: A learning and school-community development process
- Setting the Key Areas for the implementation of Participatory Design
- Activity: (re)designing public space in schools: The case of a library
- Introduction to Design Thinking. The 5 steps for making it happen: Empathize – Define – Ideate – Prototype – Test
- Explaining the 5 steps and presenting examples: the Case of visiting/logging in the Schools (e-) library – how often do the students visit?
- Activity: Interviews’ groups with end users in order to define the WHYs, to improve the experience, to promote new ideas
- Introduction to Multimodality. The impact of it in learners.
- Examples of applied Multimodality and the connection with interdisciplinary lessons
- Activity: Comprising more than one mode (text, image, video, dialogue) for the development of a specific task
- Reflection – evaluation of the training course
- Certificates – Europass Mobility
- Closure and farewell