Using theatre and drama in education and training for developing key competences.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers and trainers in primary, secondary schools, vocational education schools and organizations, adult learning providers.
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Differentiate between theatre and drama in education
- Use drama in education for the development of key competences
- Design drama play for working on major social challenges and building personal competences, such as intercultural skills, tolerance, respect, self- esteem
- Design educational activities, to accompany attendance of a theatrical play
Short presentations, followed by workshops. Every day the participants will practice skills, by designing and delivering their own drama techniques for their own specific audience and purposes.
At the end of each day, there is a reflection of the day.
During the week, the participants will develop their own portfolios with activities to organize with their learners.
- Educational theatre and drama
- Contribution of drama to the development of key competences
- Working on social challenges: immigration, inclusion, violence, in equality etc
- Theatre Forum / Theatre of the oppressed
- Attending a theatre play – designing pedagogical activities
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fee: 400 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility
Cultural activities (optional): 80 euro per person*
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) a common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
* Due to the COVID-19 situation, currently we are not organising the usual cultural programme. Instead, we propose a guided tour of Athens with a professional guide (visit to Acropolis hill, the Parthenon, Plaka and Monastiraki). Cost: 150€ up to 20 people. The cost is shared between those who attend the tour. Costs for transportation and entrance fees to Acropolis are not included in the above amount.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming from a Classical Liceo learning drama in teaching methodology couldn’t be better than that.
Lucia, ISTITUTO D’ISTRUZIONE SUPERIORE “PICCOLOMINI”, Italy
Es un curso donde las estrategias que enseñan son cercanas, reales y se pueden llevar a cabo en el aula. Sin ninguna duda lo recomiendo! Gracias.
It is a course where the strategies they teach are real and can be carried out in the classroom. Without any doubt I recommend it! Thank you.
Maria José, Centre Públic de Formació de Persones Adultes “Enric Valor”, Spain
This course was better than expected, compared with other European programmes. I have been involved in the content of the course and the kindness of organisation was great.
Vinent, Lycée Polyvalent Touchard Washington, France
My expectations about the course were high and they were met. I have learned many technics that can use in a classroom during my lesson and in my drama course. I’m coming back to Croatia with a happy fulfilled heart, better knowledge of drama in education and more friends in my life.
Željka, Osnovna škola Pantovčak, Croatia
Raili, Võru Kreutzwaldi Kool, Estonia
I’d really recommend this course to anybody who’s interested in drama in education. It’s really well organised and totally met my expectations. IDEC know what they are doing. Trainers are committed and devoted and course materials and workshops use full, practical and really meant to stay for the future. Brilliant experiences.
Ivana, Primary School Ivo Lola Ribar, Serbia
Great team successful cooperation, good atmosphere and happy people.
Jelena, Primary School Ivo Lola Ribar, Serbia
Complete work and personal experience.
Maja, Primary School Ivo Lola Ribar, Serbia
I’m very satisfied.
Danijela, Primary School Ivo Lola Ribar, Serbia
It is a course that promotes self-confidence and encourages a fresh look at the knowledge that I had before.
Ieva, Kaunas Waldorf kindergarten “Saltinelis”, Lithuania
This is an interesting rich and dense course for anyone who need useful drama skills as a teacher. Just make sure it is this same teacher Peny, because she was able to make this course a masterpiece example of how to present the best drama for understanding, even with the most clueless trainee.
Zorica, Vrtec Trnovo, Slovenia
Enjoyable 5 days, lot of information and even more practice. Detailed feedback we received and specific issues were all covered. Very professional, understandable and clear.
Zsuzsa, VÁCI SZAKKÉPZÉSI CENTRUM 143105, Hungary
Peny was an excellent teacher, and the atmosphere was very positive
Ingrid, Vrtec Trnovo, Slovenia
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes