Designing learning programmes, learning materials and resources for education for sustainable development.
ECVET points: 3.5
Staff at all types of education and training organizations, NGOs and organizations organizing education programmes for sustainable development:
- Directors / headmasters
- Teachers / trainers
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Understand the challenges of sustainable development
- Understand the principles and objectives of education for sustainable development
- Be able to set objectives and design educational programmes for sustainable development
- Be able to cultivate values, critical thinking and cooperation, through training programmes
- Be able to use different learning techniques
- Understand and be able to implement the principles of the sustainable school
- Examples and case studies
- Workshops and exercises facilitated by the trainer
- Challenges of 21st century
- Sustainable development
- Education for sustainable development, principles and characteristics
- Training methods for education for sustainable development
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euro per person for 5 days training and 420 euro for 6 days training
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (in Piraeus)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
Cultural activities: 220 euro per person (in Chania)
The cost includes:
- buffet lunch in “Mediterranean” restaurant during the training days (Monday – Saturday). Buffet lunch includes: home made bread, house wine and local beverages, variety of salads, cold and hot plates, and desserts. All dishes are prepared in the kitchen of the Conference Centre, with organic olive oil and local and biological cultivated products and they respect the local gastronomy.
- transfer to Chania old town, a walking tour and welcome dinner. The group will be transferred in the old town in buses, they will stroll around the old port of Chania and they will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
- an excursion in the famous beach of Falassarna and a visit to Kissamos village, in the west Crete. The cost includes the bus transfer, it does not include dinner and other expenses. You are expected to bring your swimming suits, towels and good mood.
- transfer to Chania and common farewell dinner. The group will be transferred in the district of Halepa and they will visit places of historical and touristic interest. They will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
Entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. Other costs not explicitly mentioned above are not included.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
|Chania||4-9/7/2022||Summer school 2022 – 6 days||420€|
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: [email protected]
Full of friendly people and sensitiveness for sustainability
Arife Kibaroğlu, Kastamonu Provincial Education Directorate, Turkey
Useful, interesting and wery well adapted to people’s needs.
Lucica Stanciu, Liceul cu Program Sportiv, Romania
It was a very interesting course with a good learning methodology. Thank you IDEC!
Virginia Ghiră, Liceul cu Program Sportiv, Romania
Wonderful and enjoyable
Celile Bora, Kastamonu Provincial Education Directorate, Turkey
I’ve found solutions about the problems that I have at my home-country, region and institution. The participants in the group were fantastic. We have really made good connections, hopefully we will continue them in another common project.
Mihaela, UPI – ljudska univerza Žalec, Slovenia
Thanks for the time spent together! Thank you for good organization of courses!
Inta, Competence Centre of Vocational Education „Daugavpils Vocational school”, Latvia
Amazing social program and very well organized course.
Kaisa, Sipoonjoen koulu, Finland
Thank you for everything. Xenia, for a lovely Monday tour and help for finding information. George, for the lovely teaching, fun and feedback. Lila, for the communication before the course.
Kersti, Tabasalu Gymnasium, Estonia
Thank you for excellent experience, Greek hospitality and learning outcomes. Great staff and teachers. I have made new friends, we connected really well.
Tatjana, Srednja skola Hrvatski kralj Zvonimir, Croatia
The course was really interesting and relevant for me as an adult, as European citizen and as a teacher. Meeting with other European countries’ teachers was really interesting.
Cécile, Ecole Jules Julien élémentaire, France
Very interesting course, because in our days it is very important we know more about sustainable development and how to teach our students and other community members.
Anabela, Agrupamento de Escolas Padre João Rodrigues- Sernancelhe, Portugal
An interesting and complete course that offers you a general vision about Sustainable Development and the social program was well organised.
Candela, Centre Públic de Formació de Persones Adultes “Enric Valor”, Spain
It has been a fantastic experience to share this course with people interested in sustainable development.
Àngels, Centre Públic de Formació de Persones Adultes “Enric Valor”, Spain
Thank you very much for this course. All was for me very good – trainer, delivery, logistic support.
Kamila, ZS s MS Oravská Jasenia 141, Slovakia
Everything was good and like it. I’m interested in different environmental problems.
Eiri, Paikuse Lasteaed Mesimumm, Estonia
Overall it was an educative and interesting session.
Muhammad, Educationist & Builder, Pakistan
The sustainable development course in IDEC has brought me and the participants from Greece, Sweden, Germany, Czech Republic and Colombia close to one another in all respect. It was a great opportunity to think globally for the matter that is common to all.
Kashif, Commander Builders (SMC-Pvt) Ltd., Pakistan
The course in sustainable development met all of my expectations. Our trainer, George Velegrakis, was very skilled.
Christian, Vuxenutbildningen i Karlshamn, Sweden
Education is the key to transform the world!! Implementing a good understanding of current environmental issues to the students of different age around the world, will give us an opportunity to change the course of earth history. Great course, admirable work. Thanks IDEC and George.
Isabel, Castilla La Mancha University, Spain
- Lectures 29
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Principles: critical thinking, values, political dimension
- Cultivating critical thinking
- International and european policies for education for sustainable development
- The sustainable school
- Training methods for education for sustainable development
- Community councils
- The future laboratory
- The role of cooperation for education for sustainable development