Greek language at level A1 of CERF, familiarization with Greek culture.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers and trainers in primary, secondary schools, vocational education schools and organizations, adult learning providers.
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Acquire reading, listening, writing and speaking skills up to the level of A1 of CERF
- Know the Greek contemporary cuisine and lifestyle
- Visit some of the most important cultural heritage sites in Athens
The language learning topics that will be covered consist of eight modules, each one with five units. Each module includes five videos – dialogues, grammar, an article from a newspaper and/or magazines, vocabulary, comprehension / grammar / vocabulary and communication exercises. The videos are based on dialogues with 2-3 speakers with face to face and phone dialogues. The videos present a variety of dialogues in informal as well as formal situations.
The course includes cultural outdoors activities, where the participants will have the chance to be familiarised with Greek civilization and the informal use of language.
Greek language modules:
- Social life and the family
- Leisure time
- Work life
- Communication and means of communication
Cultural activities: walking tours in Athens and Piraeus, Greek cuisine, Greek music and dance, visits to archaeological sites and museums, visit to the beach during the summer.
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fees: 400 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural programme: 150 euro per person*
The cost includes lunch during the course, cultural activities (walking tour of Piraeus and guided tour of Athens) and three common dinners. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
* Due to the COVID-19 situation, currently we are not organising the usual cultural programme. Instead, we propose a guided tour of Athens with a professional guide (visit to Acropolis hill, the Parthenon, Plaka and Monastiraki). Cost: 150€ up to 20 people. The cost is shared between those who attend the tour. Costs for transportation and entrance fees to Acropolis are not included in the above amount.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: email@example.com
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes