STEM through Robotics
The purpose of the course is to show educators how to use Robotics to create teaching activities in the fields of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The course will give participants the opportunity to learn how to inspire their students by implementing exciting, yet feasible, problem solving activities that foster creativity and active learning. Essentially, the course covers how to use robotics as an organizer to teach STEM concepts at a foundation level.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers & school staff: primary and secondary level (10-16 year old students), adult educators, IT educators
Upon completion of the training course, the participants are expected to:
- Support their students and introduce the Hands-on methodology into their classroom.
- Create STEM-based lesson plans, organise their curriculum and make learning paths for students.
- Organise their lesson by incorporating projects with a focus on science and programming helping students develop skills such as problem solving, flexibility, critical thinking, creativity and perseverance in a collaborative environment
The course is based on collaborative learning utilising hands-on education, problem solving, project-based learning, and discovery (guided) learning.
Participants get experience working with engineering, mathematical and physics concepts such as estimation, and learn to calculate distance, time and speed. Classmates work as a team of 2 or 3 pupils. The curriculum delivers robotics experience from design, project management to implementation, including building from scratch, true programming structure.
- STEM theory
- Robotics theory
- Programming theory
- Exercises for Programming
- Simple projects with robot
- Advanced projects with robot
- Introducing the Robotic Kit
- Introducing the software for the Kit
- Lesson plans and classroom management
- Engine and sensor programming
- Learn commands to create integrated programs
- Hands-on activity (Project implementation)
Tuition fee: 350 euros for the 5 days course and 420 euro for the 6 days course per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (in Piraeus)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
Cultural activities: 220 euro per person (in Chania)
The cost includes:
- buffet lunch in “Mediterranean” restaurant during the training days (Monday – Saturday). Buffet lunch includes: home made bread, house wine and local beverages, variety of salads, cold and hot plates, and desserts. All dishes are prepared in the kitchen of the Conference Centre, with organic olive oil and local and biological cultivated products and they respect the local gastronomy.
- transfer to Chania old town, a walking tour and welcome dinner. The group will be transferred in the old town in buses, they will stroll around the old port of Chania and they will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
- an excursion in the famous beach of Falassarna and a visit to Kissamos village, in the west Crete. The cost includes the bus transfer, it does not include dinner and other expenses. You are expected to bring your swimming suits, towels and good mood.
- transfer to Chania and common farewell dinner. The group will be transferred in the district of Halepa and they will visit places of historical and touristic interest. They will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
Entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. Other costs not explicitly mentioned above are not included.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
|Chania||28/6-3/7/2021||Summer school 2021 – 6 days||420€|
|Chania||27/6-2/7/2022||Summer school 2022 – 6 days||420€|
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: [email protected]
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to Class
Programming for My Robot
Built My Robot
Projects Day for my Robot