Stress-free Schools and Classrooms
Prevention and management of work-related stress in education and training organizations.
ECVET points: 3.5
Staff at all types of education and training organizations:
- Directors / headmasters
- School psychologists
- Administrative staff
- Teachers / trainers
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Recognise what work-related stress is
- Understand the effects of work related stress
- Assess stress-related risks
- Introduce measures to prevent work-related stress
- Solve work-stress related problems
- Take actions to manage work-related stress
- Promote well-being at workplace for students, teachers and staff
- Case studies
- Role play games
- Introduction, basic concepts
- Risk assessment
- Prevention / intervention
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (Not applicable for the courses organised in Korinthia)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: [email protected]
- Lectures 36
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Introduction/Orientation: The aim is to help to get the participants oriented to the objectives and contents of the course.
- Introduction of content, training methods and training material
- What are psychosocial risks?
- Exercise: Recognition of factors involved in psychosocial risks at school/training organisation
- What is stress?
- What causes work stress?
- The effects of work stress (on individuals and organizations)
- Exercise: Stress causes. How to recognize stress causes?
- Risk Assessment: The aim is to clarify and give a good overall picture of spotting and assessing stress-related risks.
- What can you do about stress?
- Assessing risk at work
- Essential steps in risk management
- Exercise. Are you stressed?
- Exercise. Stress hazards
- Assessing risks at own organisation
- Case study. Risk assessment – KEK INA
- Prevention/Intervention: The aim is to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills to solve problems resulting from work-related stress.
- Solving work stress problems
- Caring for troubled teachers and students
- Organizational culture
- Resources for managing work stress
- Further reading and information (for example, WHO, EASHW, ILO, NIOSH)
- Case study: Implementation of stress management KEK INA
- Case study: Risk assessment – stress management implementation EDUCACONSULT
- Evaluation session: The aim of this session is to learn how to evaluate risk management interventions.
- Evaluation and feedback
- Plan for changes
- Resources for evaluation tools
- ILO methodology. Stress prevention checkpoints: Leadership and justice at work, Job demands, Job control, Social support, Physical environment, Work-life balance and working time, Protection from offensive behaviour, Job security, Information and communication
- More practice: The aim of this session is to consolidate knowledge and skills acquired and to brainstorm on good practices. Workshop
- Stress situations in participants institutes
- Reflection – brainstorming
- Exchange of good practices