To introduce to teachers and trainers the concept of values in education and to provide them the necessary skills and competencies in order to develop and cultivate an educational environment that promotes values.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers, trainers and staff at all types of education and training organisations.
Upon completion of the training course, the participants are expected to:
- Understand the types of values
- Be able to cultivate values, critical thinking and cooperation
- Be able to use different learning techniques for the promotion of values
- Design educational activities that are based on the five Cs
- Understand the role of family and educational institutions in instilling values
The training course follows the principles of experiential learning and active involvement of participants. For each thematic unit, there will be an overall presentation of the theme, followed by group and individual activities, in which the participants will practice, discuss and reflect on the themes.
The learning techniques that will be used are:
- Short presentations of the topics
- Use of active learning methods with individual and group activities
- Work on case studies and role play
- Group discussions
- Individual and group reflection
- Values (Personal values, Social values, Social identity, Types of values)
- Development of values in education (reasons for values in education, integrating values, educational Olympic values)
- School approach for values in education (standardised guidelines for students, values’ based events)
- Learning values approach (role play, storytelling, group project, debate)
- Role of family in instilling values
- The five Cs (connection, caring, critical, communication, commitment)
- Culture and values
- Values in organisations
- European Diversity
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euro for 5 days training and 420 euro for 6 days training per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (in Piraeus)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
Cultural activities: 220 euro per person (in Chania)
The cost includes:
- buffet lunch in “Mediterranean” restaurant during the training days (Monday – Saturday). Buffet lunch includes: home made bread, house wine and local beverages, variety of salads, cold and hot plates, and desserts. All dishes are prepared in the kitchen of the Conference Centre, with organic olive oil and local and biological cultivated products and they respect the local gastronomy.
- transfer to Chania old town, a walking tour and welcome dinner. The group will be transferred in the old town in buses, they will stroll around the old port of Chania and they will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
- an excursion in the famous beach of Falassarna and a visit to Kissamos village, in the west Crete. The cost includes the bus transfer, it does not include dinner and other expenses. You are expected to bring your swimming suits, towels and good mood.
- transfer to Chania and common farewell dinner. The group will be transferred in the district of Halepa and they will visit places of historical and touristic interest. They will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
Entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. Other costs not explicitly mentioned above are not included.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
|Chania||4-9/7/2022||Summer school 2022 – 6 days||420€|
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: [email protected]
- Lectures 32
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Presentation of participants
- Expectations from the training course
- Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
- Personal values
- Social values
- Social identity
- Types of values
- Personality and values
- Development of values in education
- Reasons for value in education
- Integrating values
- Educational Olympic values