Strategic planning in teachers’ teams
To introduce to teachers and trainers, the concept of quality culture and strategic planning of teachers teams and to provide them the necessary skills and competencies to build a quality culture in the school and use quality instruments in their teams, for strategic planning.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers’ teams’ leaders, teachers, quality officers in vocational education and training schools.
Upon completion of the training course, the participants are expected to:
- Understand the benefits of creating a quality culture in vocational education and training organisations
- Motivate teachers to actively participate in teams and engage in teams’ planning
- Select the relevant and appropriate tools for strategic planning in their teams
- Design annual team plans
- Evaluate teams’ performance and provide feedback
- Redesign the toolkit instruments to fit organisational culture and their teams needs
The training course follows the principles of experiential learning and active involvement of participants. For each thematic unit, there will be an overall presentation of the theme and the instruments, followed by group and individual activities, in which the participants will use the instruments, discussion and reflection on their use.
The learning techniques that will be used are:
- Short presentations of the topics
- Use of active learning methods with individual and group activities
- Work on case studies
- Group discussions
- Individual and group reflection
- Unit 1 – Quality Culture
- Unit 2 – Planning in teachers’ teams
- Unit 3 – Evaluation and feedback
- Quality guide and quality toolkit
Natassa Kazantzidou. European projects consultant, responsible for IDEC lifelong learning centre, trainer. Specific expertise in the field of evaluation of education, European education policies, European projects in education.
Tuition fee: 420 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 220 euro per person (in Chania)
The cost includes:
- buffet lunch in “Mediterranean” restaurant during the training days (Monday – Saturday). Buffet lunch includes: home made bread, house wine and local beverages, variety of salads, cold and hot plates, and desserts. All dishes are prepared in the kitchen of the Conference Centre, with organic olive oil and local and biological cultivated products and they respect the local gastronomy.
- transfer to Chania old town, a walking tour and welcome dinner. The group will be transferred in the old town in buses, they will stroll around the old port of Chania and they will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
- an excursion in the famous beach of Falassarna and a visit to Kissamos village, in the west Crete. The cost includes the bus transfer, it does not include dinner and other expenses. You are expected to bring your swimming suits, towels and good mood.
- transfer to Chania and common farewell dinner. The group will be transferred in the district of Halepa and they will visit places of historical and touristic interest. They will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
Entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. Other costs not explicitly mentioned above are not included.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Indicative training programme
- Day 1
- Presentation of participants
- Expectations from the training course
- Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
- Quality Culture Concepts and definitions.
- Benefits of working on a quality culture. Group activity, story-telling: Why do we need quality?
- Group activity, mind mapping: teachers’ teams, their role in quality
- Day 2
- Analyse own situation – self awareness
- Group activities: SWOT analysis. Lighthouse
- Creating a vision for the team
- Group activity: Vision/mission development for teams
- Planning in teachers team – Introduction – Roadmap to effective team planning
- Day 3
- Meet the locals - meetings and conversations with local educational centres and teachers
- Open space - Networking activities
- Day 4
- Preliminary planning. Group activity: Define SMART objectives, action points, indicators
- Risk assessment and prevention Group activity: identification and assessment or risks, identification of preventing measures, reassessment
- Day 5
- Setting priorities
- Group activity, case study: prioritisation of action points
- Annual planning
- Group activity, case study: Design of year plans
- Evaluation of annual plans
- Group activity: Data Gathering
- Day 6
- Feedback in teams, feedback methods (Hattie, Flashlight), peer to peer feedback
- Group activity: Feedback to peer groups
- Group activity, brainstorming: Feedback from students
- Circle activity: Peer to peer feedback on learning experience
- Individual activity: Self-assessment
- Reflection activities – personal plans
- Evaluation of the course
|Chania||6-11/7/2020||Summer school 2020 - 6 days|