Frequently Asked Questions
Answer all of your questions
The language of all our training courses is English. We have the capacity to organise training courses in French and Spanish languages, but this is a subject of a special agreement.
In order to be able to attend the training course you should possess a B2 level of the Common European Reference Framework for languages (CERF). The level B2 corresponds to the following skills:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
You have several reasons to register in a transnational course. Firstly, you will attend a quality and innovative training course that has been developed in a European project and has been tested for its relevance and effectiveness. Then, you will have the chance to meet other trainees from several countries and improve your intercultural skills, you will practice the English language, you will enjoy a week in Greece and our social activities. Finally, the costs of the training can be covered by a European grant, therefore in this case it will not cost you anything.
IDEC is a consulting and training company, working for more than 20 years in the field of lifelong learning. IDEC participates in EU projects, develops training courses and resources, innovative on-line and software based training materials, pedagogical methodologies, evaluation and assessment methodologies. IDEC organises training courses at national and European level. The transnational training courses we offer have been developed in the framework of European projects and have been tested thoroughly in terms of their relevance and effectiveness. Since 2008, we have been offering transnational in-service training courses that have been evaluated very positively by their participants.
The transnational training courses we offer have been developed in the framework of European projects and have been tested thoroughly in terms of their relevance and effectiveness. During the Lifelong Learning Programme (2007-2013), our training courses had been registered in the EU database of in-service training and their quality has been assessed by the Greek National Agency, following the common European quality criteria for in-service training courses.
In each training session, we conduct an evaluation by the course participants and we use their comments for further improvement of the training processes and the training materials. The training materials are also revised periodically following research and developments at EU lifelong learning policy and practice.
We give to our trainees certificates of attendance and Europass Mobility documents. In order to get the Europass Mobility document, you need to consult your National Europass Centre and follow a simple procedure.
We can tailor our training courses to suit your needs, develop new courses or modify the existing ones. Contact us for more information.
Registration/Declaration of Interest
We have developed an on-line form, in which you can select the training courses of your preference and declare your initial interest. After receiving your interest, we will contact you to form together your proposal.
Yes, absolutely. Since the grant application is submitted by an organisation, you can choose to send several people to attend different training courses.
No. This is a preparatory phase. You do not have to transfer any money before your project is approved and you get the grant.
There is no deadline for registering, our courses are open to registration throughout the year.
The right question is: when is the deadline for submitting your grant application for Erasmus+ grant. The deadline for the 2020 grant applications is on the 5th of February 2020. You can contact us anytime before that, just make sure you have enough time to fill in the application form and send it to your National Agency.
Yes, absolutely. In our training courses, we have often trainees that fund themselves the cost of the training course. The same applies for participants from Greece, who are not eligible to apply for a grant.
The eligible organisations for Key Action 1 – Learning mobility of individuals projects are:
- Higher Education: HEI awarded with an ECHE.
- VET: any public or private organisation active in the field of vocational education and training (defined as a VET Organisation); or any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth.
- School Education: Schools
- Adult education: any public or private organisation active in the field of adult education (defined as adult education organisation) or any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth.
Nevertheless, we strongly advise you to read carefully your National call for proposals, to see whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
You can attend our courses, but you can not apply for a training grant to the Greek National Agency (IKY). However, from time to time we may provide scholarships and special offers, please get in contact with us.
You can attend our courses, but you can not apply for a training grant, as you have to be in a working relationship with an organisation. However, from time to time we may provide scholarships and special offers, please get in contact with us.
We can provide you support to fill in the application form. Please contact us.
If your application is rejected, you can try again in the next application round. If, regardless of the selection results, you want to attend the course, you will have to cover the fee by your own funds.
Let us know, whether you have been selected for getting a grant, as soon as possible, to start organising your mobility.
Normally yes, if the training course matches your needs and is relevant with your application.
You have to transfer the training and organisational fee, one month before your arrival. If you have not got the training grant yet, contact us to arrange a late payment.
After you have our confirmation that the training course will take place, you can arrange your flights. All our training courses are scheduled from Monday to Friday. You will arrange your flight to arrive on Sunday before and depart from Friday afternoon forward.
The fee for the training course is 350 euros and it includes:
- Attendance of 5 days training course
- Learning material
- Access to e-learning platform, where exists, follow up of the training and networking with the other participants
Normally, we arrange two common dinners and walks in Piraeus and Athens for empowering the team building. Not applicable for the courses organised in Korinthia.
The training courses in Glyfada and Korinthia are during the summer season and you will have the chance to enjoy the sea on a daily basis.
Nevertheless, the social programme is subject to revision according to the preferences of the group and the budget. You should feel free to make a request or a suggestion.
We can arrange your transportation, depending on the number of the group and your budget.
The options from airport to Piraeus are:
- Bus X96 to Piraeus from just outside the arrivals. The ticket price is 6 Euros, valid for one travel to/ from the airport. The journey to Piraeus by X96 bus takes a little more than 1 hour. Taking the bus would not be a bad idea since it is quite fast and usually not overcrowded (it leaves every 20 minutes).
- We can arrange for a taxi to wait for you outside the arrival area in the airport. The journey from the airport takes approximately 35 minutes, depending on the traffic.
- You can take “Proastiakos” train from Athens International Airport. The ticket costs 10 Euros (single trip) and 18 Euros (return trip), its duration is 90min and it valid to all public transportation means. The ticket can be purchased from the train station at the Athens International Airport. If you decide to take the train you will have to change at SKA station with direction Piraeus Terminal (next to the Piraeus Metro – Line 1 Terminal). From there you can walk to your hotel.
From airport to Athens are:
- By Metro: board the subway station at the airport, take line 3 direction to Ag. Marina (blue line) and get off at the Constitution Sq. Station (Syntagma).
- By taxi: outside the airport arrival area there is a taxi station. Normally the price of the taxi is around 38 Euros depending on the traffic. After midnight the charge is higher, but shouldn’t be more than 54 Euros. The journey from the airport takes approximately 25-30 minutes, depending on the traffic.
From airport to Glyfada:
- By bus X96 to Piraeus from just outside the arrivals. The ticket price is 6 Euros, valid for one travel to/ from the airport. The journey to Glyfada by X96 bus takes approximately 45 minutes. Taking the bus would not be a bad idea since it is quite fast and usually not overcrowded (it leaves every 20 minutes). You will have to get off the bus at the bus stop DIKIGORIKA (ask the driver to tell you when to get off the bus).
- We can arrange for a taxi to wait for you outside the arrival area in the airport. The journey from the airport takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on the traffic.
From airport to Istmia:
- You can get a taxi from the airport, but it can be expensive. There are taxi services that you can book on-line. Indicatively at http://www.onlinetaxi.gr, the fare to Korinthos is 125 euros.
- By sub-urban (fast train): From the airport you can take the train to Korinthos (proastiakos – sub-urban). It costs 12 euros and from Korinthos, you can get a taxi to Isthmia that will cost approximately 15 euros. You can get more info on the sub-urban rail at TRAINOSE website. There is one train per hour.
The single ticket for all transportation means except proastiakos train and airport bus/train costs 1.4 euros and it is valid for 90 minutes. You can also purchase a 5 days ticket at the cost of 9 euros. Taxi fare from Piraeus to Athens is around 15 euros depending on the traffic. For small distances within Piraeus, taxi should not cost more than 4-5 euros
– Up till one month before starting date: 100% refund
– Up till 15 days before the starting date of the training: 50% refund
– For any cancellation on less than 15 days before the training: no refund
Didn't you find your answer?