Creativity in a digital world
Learn about concepts, methods, and tools of digital creativity. Get introduced in the work of digital media artists and their diverse pallettes and practises. Learn how to develop digital content from scratch or how to reclaim available content from online platforms. Design own creative projects.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers and trainer, artists, designers, art or museum educators, creative industry professionals, art students.
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Be able to create digital images, graphics, animated graphics with free software
- be familar with basic digital culture concepts
- know tools, software and platforms for digital creativity
- recognise the cultural significance of digital creative practises and know important digital artists
- be able to creatively approach available digital content
- have unlocked various paths in approaching digital media critically and creatively
Each day includes lecture and workshop on different aspects of digital creativity.
The participants design digital media objects and projects.
At the end of each day, there is a reflection of the day.
During the week, the participants will develop their own digital projects according to their interest, will collaborate with eachother and will develop a final project.
- Digital creativity
- Digital content creation and software
- Remix and appropriation in artistic practises
- Visual and audiovisual media, moving images and code based creativity
- Collaboration through digital media
- The notion of creativity
- The notion of the digital
- Transmedia, cross media and postmedia storytelling
- Content, access, remix, appropriation
- Digital cutural heritage and creativity
- Concents and ideas in digital creativity
- The moving image
- Introduction to creative coding
- Free software - open up creativity
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Nikos Voyiatzis. Educational designer and web culture specialist with working experience in cultural and media education. His expertise is in designing and instructing courses in the intersections of arts, humanities, science and technology.
Tuition fee: 350 euro for 5 days training and 420 euro for 6 days training per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (in Piraeus)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
Cultural activities: 220 euro per person (in Chania)
The cost includes:
- buffet lunch in “Mediterranean” restaurant during the training days (Monday – Saturday). Buffet lunch includes: home made bread, house wine and local beverages, variety of salads, cold and hot plates, and desserts. All dishes are prepared in the kitchen of the Conference Centre, with organic olive oil and local and biological cultivated products and they respect the local gastronomy.
- transfer to Chania old town, a walking tour and welcome dinner. The group will be transferred in the old town in buses, they will stroll around the old port of Chania and they will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
- an excursion in the famous beach of Falassarna and a visit to Kissamos village, in the west Crete. The cost includes the bus transfer, it does not include dinner and other expenses. You are expected to bring your swimming suits, towels and good mood.
- transfer to Chania and common farewell dinner. The group will be transferred in the district of Halepa and they will visit places of historical and touristic interest. They will have dinner in a typical Cretan restaurant. Dinner includes variety of starters and salads to share, meat platters, house wine and dessert.
Entrance fees to sites and museums are not included. Other costs not explicitly mentioned above are not included.
All costs can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
|Chania||29/6-4/7/2020||Summer school 2020 - 6 days|
|Chania||July 2021||Summer school 2021 - 6 days|