Inclusive Education for migrants and refugees
Managing diversity in classrooms, supporting all students with individual education plans, prevention of early school leaving.
ECVET points: 3.5
Staff at all types of education and training organizations:
- Directors / headmasters
- School psychologists and counselors
- Administrative staff
- Teachers / trainers
- Examples and case studies
- Workshops and exercises facilitated by the trainer
- Diversity and inclusion definition
- Diversity is a fact inclusion is choice
- Migrants and Refugees
- Myths and stereotypes
- Issues and challenges for teachers and community
- Creation of inclusive school
- The importance of sense of belonging
- Language and culture barriers
- Techniques to fill the gap between local students and immigrant students
- Class activities to support immigrant students
- Integrating Newly Arrived Migrants in Schools – Development Plan to support families
- Development Plan for integrating new migrants in school
The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person (Not applicable for the courses organised in Korinthia)
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Lila Anthopoulou, tel: +30 2104286227, e-mail: [email protected]
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes